Wedding Songs for Filipino Couples Big Day in 2023
Filipino wedding songs are an essential part of any wedding celebration in the Philippines. In this article, we have compiled a comprehensive list of traditional and modern Filipino wedding songs to help you create the perfect wedding playlist that follows cultural traditions and enhances the overall experience. Whether you choose classic or modern Filipino wedding songs, personalizing your playlist with Filipino wedding songs is essential to reflect your cultural traditions and personal preferences. So go ahead and start creating your dream wedding playlist with Filipino wedding songs today!
Classic Filipino Wedding Songs
Classic Filipino wedding songs are timeless pieces that have been used in weddings for many generations. These songs have become an integral part of Filipino weddings, and each song has a unique history and background that makes it a popular choice for weddings. Here are some excellent examples of classic Filipino wedding songs that you may want to consider:
- “Dahil Sa Iyo” is considered a masterpiece of OPM or Original Pilipino Music, a genre that originated in the Philippines. The song was composed by Mike Velarde Jr. in 1938 for the movie “Bituing Marikit” and has since become a classic love song that has been covered by many artists over the years. Its romantic lyrics and catchy melody make it a perfect first dance song that never fails to charm the wedding guests.
- “Ikaw” on the other hand, is a song that was composed by Louie Ocampo for the wedding of his friends, Gary Valenciano and Angeli Pangilinan. The song’s sentimental lyrics and beautiful melody have made it a popular choice for weddings in the Philippines. Its message of love and devotion is timeless, making it a perfect song to play during the wedding ceremony.
- “Kahit Maputi Na Ang Buhok Ko” is a song composed by Ryan Cayabyab for the movie “Himala.” The song’s title translates to “Even if My Hair Turns White,” and its lyrics speak of a love that endures even in old age. The song’s haunting melody and poignant lyrics have made it a popular choice for weddings and other romantic occasions.
- “Kailangan Kita” is a song composed by Ogie Alcasid for the movie of the same name. The song’s title translates to “I Need You,” and its lyrics speak of a love that is all-consuming and essential. The song’s upbeat melody and catchy chorus make it a popular choice for wedding receptions, where guests can dance and sing along.
- “Sana’y Wala Nang Wakas” is a song composed by George Canseco for the movie of the same name. The song’s title translates to “I Hope There Will Be No End,” and its lyrics speak of a love that is eternal and unbreakable. The song’s sweeping melody and dramatic lyrics have made it a popular choice for weddings, where it can be played during the ceremony or as a backdrop to the couple’s first dance.
These classic Filipino wedding songs are a testament to the enduring power of love and romance. They have been cherished by generations of Filipinos and continue to be popular choices for weddings and other romantic occasions.
Modern Filipino Wedding Songs
Modern Filipino wedding songs have been gaining popularity in recent years. In addition to traditional songs, modern songs have become increasingly popular choices for weddings due to their romantic lyrics and catchy melodies. There are many excellent examples of modern Filipino wedding songs to choose from, including the following five songs:
- “Kahit Ayaw Mo Na” by This Band is a sweet and sentimental song that’s perfect for a slow dance. The lyrics express the willingness to love someone even if they don’t feel the same way, making it a great choice for those who want to express their unconditional love.
- “Tagpuan” by Moira Dela Torre is another popular wedding song that has gained popularity for its emotional lyrics and beautiful melody. The song talks about the feeling of finding someone you’ve been looking for, making it a perfect choice for couples who have found their soulmate.
- “Tadhana” by Up Dharma Down is a popular choice for weddings because of its soothing melody and beautiful lyrics. The song talks about destiny and how everything happens for a reason, making it a great choice for couples who believe that they were meant to be together.
- “Sa’yo” by Silent Sanctuary is a touching song that talks about the sacrifices one is willing to make for love. The beautiful melody and lyrics make it a great choice for couples who want to express their love for each other and how they are willing to do anything for each other.
- “Ikaw At Ako” by Moira Dela Torre and Jason Marvin is a romantic song that talks about the journey of love. The song talks about how two people met and fell in love, making it a perfect choice for couples who want to express their love story.
Overall, modern Filipino wedding songs have definitely become more popular in recent years and offer a great way to express your love on your special day.
Incorporating Western Wedding Songs with a Filipino Twist
Suppose you want to add a Western touch to your wedding playlist while still incorporating Filipino elements. In that case, you can choose Western wedding songs with a Filipino twist. These songs have been given a Filipino twist by adding traditional Filipino instruments such as the kulintang and the rondalla. Here are some examples:
- “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran (Filipino version by Sassa Dagdag)
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley (Filipino version by KZ Tandingan)
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston (Filipino version by Charice)
These songs are perfect for couples who want to add a unique touch to their wedding playlist while still reflecting their Filipino heritage.
Personalizing Your Wedding Playlist
Personalizing your wedding playlist is crucial to ensure that it reflects your cultural traditions and personal preferences. Here are some tips for creating a personalized wedding playlist:
- Start by choosing songs that are meaningful to you and your partner. For instance, you can choose a song that you both love or one that reminds you of a special moment in your relationship.
- Consider adding songs that are significant in your cultural tradition. For example, you can include classic Filipino wedding songs or Western songs with a Filipino twist.
- Make sure to choose the right song for each wedding moment. For instance, you can choose a slow dance song for the first dance and an upbeat song for the reception.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match different genres and styles to create a unique and memorable wedding playlist.
In conclusion, music plays a significant role in Filipino weddings, and choosing the right wedding playlist can enhance the overall experience. Whether you choose classic Filipino wedding songs or modern ones, it’s essential to personalize your playlist to reflect your cultural traditions and personal preferences. We hope that this article has provided you with some excellent ideas for creating the perfect wedding playlist. So go ahead and start creating your dream wedding playlist today!